
I have to drink my Izze while I post these long awaited pics, it helps put me back into trip mode. We bought a few to bring home 'cause we don't have them in Canada, waa. Flee go to Fred Meyer and get some, they're so good!

This is one of Matthews best friends Scott. He lives in Portland now and it was so good to spend time with him. He spoiled us and made us the most amazing pizza ever, thanks Scott!

I always gotta get a cute bath one in. I just can't get enough of the cute towels my bro got for her. The other one is a duck, and he has a matching one in his size, too cute.

K just ignore the travelling mom look in this pic and focus on the cutie little girl. I'd been in a car all day, the sun was in my face, and yea I don't have any pictures of me. I figure since this is my blog 'n all I should at least try to appear on it from time to time, even if it is a terrible pic.

Katelyn did so good on this trip. I was a little worried 'cause she just cried the whole time we were in Calgary a couple months ago. She adjusted to every new place and didn't get too tired of her car seat. What a good kid we have!
That's it for pictures for now. I'll take some of our house this week and put them on here. We're still doing the finishing touches and of course we don't have decent furniture or art yet. That just gives us stuff to look forward to.
Anyhoo, I just wanna tell you all a bit about our trip. I did keep you updated at the beginning so I'll pick up where I left off. I don't remember where I left off.... Did I talk about the Renewal Center? I think I did. It was great, ahh yes I remember talking about the wonderful orange shag. When we got home from there we all went out to McGrafs Fish House (sorry Roland if I spelled that wrong). We had decided to go up to Nathan and Erins the next day, so we had to get some serious hang out time with everyone before we left. It's always hard to leave. We feel like we have so much time, but things just fill up so fast. The food was to die for and it was so nice to just be together one last time. Then we were off the next day to the hills south west of Portland. Their house is just wonderful, we love staying with them. We get so spoiled. I remember posting something while we were still there saying how nice it was. We had such a great time with them. Clara is just so precious. We got to go shopping at so many amazing places. It was torture not being able to bring everything home with us. We just didn't have room.
On the way home we stopped at my aunts in BonnersFerry. It was so good to see them and she hadn't seen Katelyn yet so that was good. We got our last taste of delicious food that we can't get in Canada (Papa Murpheys) and then we were on our way. Oh did I mention that we got a 1.14 liter or Baileys for 13$ at the border, yeah we were pretty happy. After my aunts about an hour down the road we stopped at my grandparents for a bit. Again it was just so good to see them and let them see their great grand baby. After that about another hour down the road we stopped to see my other aunt and Uncle Doug and Norma. It was pretty late by this time, leaving from Portland and making tons of stops and finally staying over in Cranbrook. But even so we thought it a good idea to stay up 'till two with Doug and Norma. It was hilarious! We had some pretty good laughs. Norma spoiled us rotten with good food. Man, we are just so blessed! The next day we went to my parents about 4 hours down the road. For some reason this was just the longest day ever. We were starving we we got there and so grumpy. The next day we had late Thanksgiving with my bro, my best friend Amy, and Heather and dear dear family friend that is back from Scottland right now. The food was just unbelievably good and the company.... well it was almost as good. Ok just jokes, the company was the best part. Finally on Sunday we were going home, another terrible long day in the car. I think Katelyn was pretty sick of it by this point. She seemed so happy to be home, I wonder if she would really remember it?
My feet are freezing and my Izze has long since expired, so I'm off. I'll be back! Ciao
4 comments:
Hey Holly! I love updated myself on what's going on with you. It's been fun 'travelling' with you these past weeks. Glad your home safe. Luke and I are coming up to GP on the 25th so hopefully we'll see you guys...i can't wait to see your little girl!
Lindy
hi holly! sounds like you guys had quite a trip-we were up north while you were south-just missed ya...we'll have to meet your little kaitlyn next time
there sure is something about that american stuff we just don't get up here- we went down to oregon this summer and made a point of stuffing ourselves with americany treats and stopping at americany stores- good times!
have a great day!
teresa:)
hey what doin! There's no pictures of my baby on this entry! And you call yourself his favorite Auntie!
Hi there Holls
OK, so I'm all caught up,
ignore my last e-mail. I was all ingorant and oblivious to your goings on, but now I'm a prostar on your life.
Love you tons,
Katie
Post a Comment