
Well our journey continues. We're now staying with Nathan and Erin near Hillsboro (where my mom used to live, weird eh?) This is their little girl Clara, she is so precious. It's been so fun to be with her. Last time we were here she was so shy with us. Now we can hold her and she can tickle us and yea all that fun kiddie stuff. We always feel so spoiled being here. Their house is absolutly goregous, and they are such good hosts. Oh and did I mention that Erin is 9 months preggy? Yea she's crazy to have house guests.
This last weekend we were staying in a cabin by Silver Creek Falls with the whole fam. The cabin had a very interesting "conversation pit" in the middle and six rooms coming off of this "pit". The common area was covered in orangy brown shag with insulation under it so it was comfy, well I guess that was the idea anyways. Nine month preggo Erin had other thoughts about how comfortable this was. Yea it was sketchy, not to mention all the kids and babies we had all over it. Hmmm could that be why Clara is a bit sick today, who knows. Other than the odd "pit" the weekend was incredible. It was badly needed for Matthew and I. It was a chance to fall on our knees once again and admidt how dumb we are. God is so good and forgiving and it is so amazingly freeing to just say yes to him. We're excited.
In other news Katelyn is changing so much everyday. She's rolling from her back to her side, almost to her tummy! She's spent time in jolly jumpers, exersaucers, all kinds of big girl things. If we had tried to do this trip a few months ago it just wouldn't have worked. She has slept in so many different places and just adjusts so well now. It's amazing to just watch her take it all in and keep growing and learning. Wow, I love her.
Just wanted to keep you a bit updated. We forgot our cable thingy for our camera so I'll have to wait 'till we're home to put more pics of our trip, sorry. Love you fam and friends!
1 comment:
Hols -- I read your last two posts after you guys left tonight. Now I can't remember what I was going to comment on! It's that middle-age memory loss, I guess.
Anyway, the pictures are amazing and your site looks so great with the blue, etc. You LOOK organized!
It was wonderful to see you and meet your sweet daughter. She looks great in (behind?) the romper from Felicia.
Tonight we prayed for safety in travel for the rest of your trip.
Much love to the three of you!
Post a Comment