Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Building

This is an account of last weekends adventures of finishing the house we just sold:

7:30am Katelyn wakes up early, we have so much work ahead of us, so we reluctantly roll outta bed for a quick breakfast.

8:30am we're fed and dressed and at the house (nextdoor) Katelyn "helps" as I prep whatever baseboard and trim is up so I can paint it. The most annoying thing I will face today is thinking I'm done and then finding more trim that was put up that needs prepped and then painted, argg!

10:00am Katelyn is so tired. Nap time. While she falls asleep I use the 20 min "break time" to pay bills and make phonecalls, funtimes. Back to work until lunch. My knees are killing me and I feel like we haven't gotten anything done!

12:00am I feed Katelyn, make sandwiches, drop her off at our other next door. I haven't even met our wonderful neighbour yet, and she offers to babysit, thank you thank you! They are so nice, while I'm at it I'll just say how thankful we are for all our neighbours. We love them, including the ones that just moved in once we were done, so layed back and just fun to be with.

after lunch: Rush back to work while eating my sandwich on the way. The house is still a mess, and their moving in TOMORROW!!! I wash windows and bathrooms. Now theres more trim to prep and paint. Did I mention how bad my knees hurt?

2:00pm Katelyn did great with her new friends, time to nap again. It's so nice that she sleeps all the time still. Jeff (new neighbour) asked what we give her to make her sleep, guess we're just lucky. So far we've sat down for about 45 min today, waaa!

4:00pm Katelyn wakes up, eats and goes to Ryan and Leahs for more play time, thanks guys! And mommy is back to work and still I feel like I'm not getting anything done, I am seriously discouraged and panicy at this point.

5:30pm Katelyn is home, I decide to make supper while she again has a little cat nap. I navigate through the jungle that used to be my kitchen to make "gormet KD" is that an oxymoron? We eat, then try to bring Katelyn over to play while we work. She's so grumpy. At one point I'm literally holding her and painting. This lasts 'till 7:30. We head home, both covered in paint, very nice.

7:30pm Ok we've been working for 12 hours, aren't we done yet? The house still has tools and supplies everywhere. I still feel like we haven't done anything. Katelyn is much happier at home, so I get to sit down for half an hour to play, change, and feed her. I miss her so much and just want to cuddle and play. But she's tired and I still have SO MUCH TO DO!!!

8:30pm I go back to work once the Munchkin is asleep. Jeff, Ashley (homeowners) and another friend and his little girl are all over helping now. I look around and so much is getting down. There is a ray of light on the horizon. Tenley, the little girl, is so cute. She's almost 4, going on 15. She definitly cheers me up.

10:00pm Our little helper goes home. I'm so tired I can't talk, my knees are throbbing. If I have to paint anymore trim I'll scream. Did I mention I have swimming next week, my knees will be black, hilarious!

12:00am The rest of the helpers go home and I say we'll only stay another half an hour, haa haa very funny

1:00am I decide to do a quick once over to make sure all the doors and baseboard are painted before going to bed.

2:00am I'm still finding trim needing painting. I'm so tired and so unorganized I think this is taking me twice as long as it needs to. We finally start cleaning all the tools 'n junk out. I want them to come tomorrow and be surprised at how much we got done and how good it looks. I clean the floors and counter tops and call it a night

3:03am my head hits the pillow after 20 hours of work. This is a record for me. My body is so achey I feel like I'm sinking into my wonderful cushy bed.

4:00am Katelyn starts crying, which is unusual for her. I literally can't move outta bed, I just pray she stops crying right away. I feel like I've only slept 5 minutes

7:30am Katelyns awake again. My brain feels lose in my head. The slightest movement causes it to rattle against my skull sending shivers of pain through my already throbbing body.

8:30am Baby is fed and happy. I take her with me to the house to finish painting the last bathrooms trim. The house looks great. I let Matthew sleep hoping he doesn't feel as bad as I do. I always get paranoid if I think he's going to get sick, I don't know why, I just hate it when he's sick.

10:00am Katelyn goes for her nap and Matthew wakes up to get a little more work done. I try to sleep but my mind is going to crazy thinking of all the little details I had meant to do but didn't.

Let me tell you, it has been so amazing to be done that house and feel a little normal now. My house has still not recovered the week of neglect it received. I still have clean laundry strewn about. Katelyn loves pulling herself up onto the baskets and playing with the clothes, mostly the underwear, very funny.

Anyhoo, that gives you an idea of what we've been up to. I didn't think to take pictures of this whole thing, otherwise I'd post those. Our neighbours had us over for dindin last night. I was almost like having deja vu. Just weird to be in there with furniture and everything. I thought this would motivate me to finish our house, but seriously nothing could convince me to get on my knees for more baseboard right now. So I'll just continue to look at these nail holes and patch jobs and I'll like it thank you very much!

1 comment:

Alissa - Supernanny said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?! You are so amazing, SUPER-MOM you might say...I love that you guys sold the house and you can finally have that DONE AND DEALT WITH! That's so sweet that you have new neighbours too and people that you know and have kids that Katie (new name, I'm trying it out...) can play with! That's so great...and free babysitting when they get older cause they can just play in the backyard! I just want you to know that you inspire me and I love you! Thanks for updating your blog, I was getting concerned! Peace,
ALISSA