Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Permission to Cry

I've found such love and support in these past few weeks from people who have lost children, babies, or pregnancies (which are still babies, duh). I just found a blog last night and I'm borrowing a song she had posted a week after her daughter died. Her name was Charlotte, she died in May 2010, she was born at 10:10, died at 11:47. I really appreciate this song because I feel like it gives me permission to cry as much as I do.

Glory Baby - Watermark


Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

BRIDGE:
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…


Here's a couple blog posts that I identified with this week if you're interested.

Selfish from Little Bird

The Tale of Two Heart Beats from my dear friend Anella

2 comments:

Em said...

I read Angela's Selfish post. It's exactly right. Exactly how I felt (and, honestly, still sometimes do) about people in the early weeks of grieving Eva. Thank you for being one of those friends for me then Holly, and thank you for letting me be one of those friends for you in the last few weeks.

I can see why you're enjoying her blog. I'm glad you've found it.

Deb said...

Oh my -- the song. Made me cry, and it's been well over two decades since my loss.....
Thanks for sharing, Holly.
I'm reminded of II Corinthians 1:3-4, "Blessed be...the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in an trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."