So here I am in Kampala Uganda! It's hard to believe I'm actually
here! The flights went well, with a minor hiccup with the other girls
being delayed and me trying not to panic when they didn't show up.
We've been here since Sat night and so far it's been quite the
experience. We have gone to church, gone to a couple different
markets, a concert, cuddled babies in an orphanage, done lots of
driving and looking at the sites and had some meetings to set up
plans. It has been such a learning experience and I'm madly in love
with this country already and wish I could just move here. God is
opening up SO many opportunities. Here is one quick example. Last
night we were with our friend John Mark and his car broke down. We
were crossing a busy intersection and a chunk of his car actually fell
off. So after an interesting experience waiting on a busy road we got
picked up by his acquaintance Mbazira in his taxi cab. Now tonight
Mbazira picked us up again for the concert and we had a great talk.
He really opened up and shared his heart, he is a born again Christian
who loves the Word of God and is passionate about learning more. He
really wants to go to a good bible school and has pursued some options
in the states and Japan, but is frustrated that it's not working out.
People don't take him seriously when the only thing he can do is write
a letter. But tonight we really got to see his genuine passion and
excitement to study the Word so he can do Gods work with his people
here in Uganda. So we exchanged contact info and he was really
interested in our own experience at bible school. So who knows what
God has planned for Mbazira, I don't want to give him false hope. But
to be honest I'm dreaming about somehow getting him into bible school
somewhere, and wouldn't it be amazing if it was PRBI?!?! It's about
us saying yes to what God has planned and allowing his plans to come
to life.
Tomorrow we are going to the drop in center for boys that live on
the streets. The Frontline team works with them and has quite the
program set up so it's easy for us to fit into what they already have
going. After that we will go to the slums with the boys to see what
their world is like and just spend some time there with them. I will
try to take some amazing pictures. John Mark has a dream of putting
together a photo exhibit to show how the boys live and raise awareness
and money to help them.
Please pray for us, that God would continue to give us
opportunities and that we could keep being faithful and not get
overwhelmed. Also pray for our health and energy, we haven't been
sleeping great and the heat is very tiring. Pray for John Mark, he
has been such a blessing to us. He is a doctor and has such a passion
for helping people, he needs supportive people behind him to back him
up on his big dreams. Pray that God would provide Aggies Home for
orphans with funds to finish some projects. Pray for us tomorrow as
we are with the boys, that their hearts would be open and there could
be a response as we show them Gods love.
Thank you all so much for your love, support, prayers and
everything we need you! I can't wait to show you pictures! I forgot
my camera cord, so it will have to wait sorry. Love you and miss you!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update Holly. One comment you made really hit home since I've been working hard on that. When we say "yes" to something we need to ALLOW God to make it happen...in His time! Have you seen Mama Florence yet? I've haven't heard anything about her and the building.
I got shivers down my arms as I read this post. Especially when you shared about the man who wants to go to bible school. I don't know what it means yet, but I have come to recognize that when I get those specific shivers, that I only get once in a while, that it is from the Holy Spirit. It took me a long time to begin to recognize that message. Can't wait to see how this is all going to come together. Love you Holly and praying daily for this trip.
Anella
Oh Holly, after reading both of these posts my heart longs for Uganda!!! The people there are wonderful, as I am sure you are well aware!!! Just wondering what church you are attending while you are there??
You are in my prayers!!!!
Post a Comment