Monday, March 26, 2007

Long Time!

I feel like it's been forever since I've written! I've been yearning and longing to be here and talking to you all. Our internet is TERRIBLE! I want to cry when we don't have net access. I actually did cry one of the first days whilst on the phone with the repair company. A lotta good that did us. It's completly a fluke that we have access now and I'm praying I'll still have it when I'm done writting this. Ok, I may be a little dramatic, but I have missed my computer the past couple weeks.
The weather here is goregous! I am fully infected with the most wonderful spring fever. I didn't realize how much I missed the fresh air and sun. I mean I've been outside this winter but it just feels so much different in the spring. We still have 10 foot snow banks in our front yard. BUT, I was able to take the stroller out today because some of the roads are pretty dry, yipee! I love outside.
My biggest most excited new news is that I got to milk a cow this weekend!!! It was so much fun. Ok actually really weird, but the whole farm experience was amazing. One of my biggest dreams is to have a small farm. I want to be as self sufficient as possible. It has a lot to do with health, but also just the experience and work and all that. I want chickens, a cow, a goat, some horses, some sters, dogs of course and we'll see what else. Oh and I want a huge red barn and a beautiful house with an indoor pool and a massive veggie garden and green house. Oh man fun times. I'm so excited to start my garden this summer. I'm gonna get my seeds this week and start some of them inside since our growing season is pretty short.
We had Matthews soccer team over for dessert tonight. It was a bit busy, but really nice to have them over. We invited the team and wives/girls etc. I WAS THE ONLY GIRL WAAAA!!! It was ok though. I made peach and blackberry cobbler and that super easy and delicious chocolate pudding cake thing. They ate every drop and would have had twice as much I'm sure. I used 8 cups of peaches, I mean this thing was MASSIVE. Anyhoo.
We've actually been having so much fun lately. Hanging out with so many amazing people. I feel so good lately. I'm really emotional right now, but I also feel really open to loving people. I've had so many amazing talking with people lately. I don't even know how it happens, God just meets us and gets us going, it's great. Some guys are still here and Katelyns having a hard time staying asleep. We need to have more kids so theres more noise in our house and she becomes a heavier sleeper. Well I guess theres more reasons to have more kids. I'm reading A Clockwork Orange right now. I love it, the language is just hilarious. I'm so into it now I natually want to use his quirky words (slovos). I'll spare you, but read the book. Be prepared though, it's sad and disturbing.
I don't have much more to say. We're going to Calgary for Easter (the motivation was actually to see you guys T&L, don't be offended anyone else but you're always there and we love you all tons). My motivation is also to shop for super cute rubber boots. For me, not Katelyn as you may have thought. It's gonna be a very muddy spring. I guess that's it for now, hope you're all doing great. Love you all

4 comments:

Alissa - Supernanny said...

holls, oh holls! I had such a good time with you this weekend (yet again)! My only complaint, and pass this on to your slave-driving husband...and i blame you for demotting me from my 'foreman' post...but...MY ARMS ARE KILLING ME!! I mean, it was still super fun chippin' away at the ice chuncks, but man am i sore. my forarms and my right hand still doesn't function properly. and to put the cherry on top, my thumb is still doing the flinching thing. K, I'm done...I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Holm's said...

Hey Holli,
Thanks for being upbeat in your blog, I am feeling poopy today and it cheered me up! I am excited for spring as well! Yeh it is coming and I love the sun.
Celia and I are headed on a stroller ride as soon as she gets up from her nap. Well actually honestly I am still in my pj's. I am having a lazy, poopy day. But enough complaing!
Talk to you later.
Lindsay

TRAVIS & LAURA said...

AHH to see us, and get some kick ass clothes from Auntie Thrif Laura. Yeah baby! You love it!
So seriously, you will have to let us know when you are in Cowtown, staying at each of our rents we will live 5 minutes away from eachother again. How nice!
Anyways, we miss you. Can't wait to see you next week. XOXOXOX

Linds said...

Aw MAN I wanna come too. I will be there in spirit :(