Thursday, November 02, 2006

Prayers

I'm just bumming around today lazy as anything and not feeling up to my regular wifely/motherly duties. Normally I love making supper and take most of the day to do it. Pasta is always my lazy day meal and let me tell you, we're definitly eating pasta tonight. However, reading my Google Analytics reports has definitly encouraged me to at least post something today. I love you all my faithful readers! I don't know half of you I'm sure, but you are so encouraging! I don't know if you understand what it's like to just be home all day everyday. Don't get me wrong I absolutly love it, I could stay in my house forever and never run out of wonderful things to do, but being connected to the outside world is I donno, it's something. It's like coming home and your eyes immediatly looking for the blinking red light on the answering machine. Maybe you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, although I'm sure some of you do.
Anyways, my list today is:
Things I'm praying about:
- my family, always my family
- what God would have us do about Africa. This is a long story I'll get into it more as I need to, but right now we're just open to what God may ask us.
- praying that the house would sell
- We started praying for different things going on in the world because of our worship service on Sunday, it's such a good habit to get into
- that I could start being REAL with the people around me
- sometimes I just don't say anything I just cuddle up to God and relax in his arms. Holding Katelyn like that makes me realize how much God wants to just hold us his children, it's wonderful.
- trusting God with our finances, for some reason this is always a hard one for me.

I guess those are the big things. I could get into the funny little things, but you might just think I'm crazy. Although our Chiropracter was very encouraging today and said God totally likes our crazy little things we pray for and wants to bless us in those ways too. He said he prays that God gives him good ideas and he does, he shows him bone alignments and different adjustment 'n stuff. I guess that could be a bit unnerving coming from my chiropracter, but I just think it's cool. So maybe God will show me cool scrapbook layouts and give me yummy recipies. I know some of you will totally agree (Christine:-) and others will think I've gone loopy, but that's ok. Not everyone thought Jesus was normal either. Wow I'm in a weird mood. Could be the pot of chocolate fondue sitting in front of me with multiple finger dip marks in it, that could explain the way my tummy feels too. Anyhoo, love you all and thanks again for reading. I never thought my little 'ol blog would have this much attention. If you look at the archives (and please don't) the first couple were written solely for the intention of my family reading them and thats it. But you're all so so welcome here! Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a STAR! You mentioned my name on your "INFAMOUS" blog...(maybe you have to be a wild fan of the Three Amigos movie to appreciate that inside joke.) Anyways Holly, I miss you! Write more about Africa maybe, 'cause I am clueless on what you and Matthew might be a thinkin'...free tip for the day: "Savor the little things--cause they are actually the big, deep things in disguise!" I made that up myself, and am having a proud moment right now- SELAH... ok, i have probably exposed my weirdness a little too much now! I love you guys and look forward to seeing all your beautiful faces soon!-C

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

It's interesting because i'm sorta on the other end of the spectrum. I go to work and come home and don't want to have to deal with anything, just want to relax, but i yearn like nothing else to be a housewife. I can't wait for the day when God will bless us with children. I would way rather stay home with my kids than have to go to the bank and work. I guess it's just that natural mother instinct in us.

Ter said...

Holls, I got my very own blogspot now. Im gonna use it for basically encouragement and to let the ppl that really love me know whats really going on. Anyway, I think you can get to it from here.