Hello hello
I'm so thrilled that people are actually reading my blog! Thanks Auntie Deb and Felicia for your comments, you have no idea what a joy it is during my boring work day to see those little gems. Well, I come to you on another boring work day with an exciting topic that I haven't even mentioned yet!
We go to a little Mennonite church in the farm country in an even smaller town than the one we live. I love our church! The past couple years we've been busting at the seems and have decided to have a new church in the bustling city close by. Ok yea, for those that don't know, it IS NOT a big city. It's a dirty loud trucker/oil city. For some reason my heart just loves it though (sometimes it's a challenge, but there's something about it that's home). Anyhoo, the meeting started out as planning meetings and have since become so much more. A group of about 20 of us meet once a month for worship and prayer (we still attend the "parent" church as well). It has been so refreshing for M and I to be part of this. We are seeing a true church, the closest thing we've experienced to what we imagine the new testament church to be like. We take turns hosting the meetings and usually sing, share, pray, and of course eat. We are Mennonite after all. This weekend we're having a casual get together with the kids as well (who usually stay at home) and having a potluck, should be good. We are just leaving this in Gods trusting hands, and excited to see what will happen with it. We don't care at all about 'typical' details like a building and childcare. Those things will be taken care of in a way we can't imagine right now.
Yesterday I took a spiritual gifts test, and was very surprised by the results. One of my highest spiritual gifts was Faith, followed by apostles/.... something else I can't remember. But it talked a lot about how I'm a pioneer in the church area. I know this is something that has grown in me drastically the past few months. If I had taken the test before this church started I would have been intimidated by the questions it was asking me about church planting, and as a result would have scored low in that area. Now as it is, I feel excited, challenged, and exhilarated. We're definitely committed to this and don't know at all what that means.
So yea, I just wanted to share that with ya'll (borrowing the Yankee language of my traitor sis) 'cause it's on my heart and I'm excited. I'll keep you updated fer sure.
Next week we're going on a long long road trip to Oregon to see M's fam. I can't wait to just talk and shop and eat and talk and talk and talk. I love his family. I'm so blessed by lots of sis-in-laws (two of which are also pregnant right now). His brother and sis-in-law Roland and Christine (who's little girl was our flower girl) are kinda our spiritual mom and dad. it will be so good to be with them and learn and be encouraged. I feel so lazy lately, I need to be pushed right now. I guess I'm just thinking about being a parent and what kind of family I want this baby to come into. My main thing I'm realizing is selfishness and how terribly hindering that is to a child. So I have less than three months to clean up my act before I'm a Mommy. Oh boy, that's crazy!
On our way home we're hoping to stop at my grandparents house YIPEE!! I love them! And hopefully I'll get to see my 'rents and aunts and uncle and cousins too, oh man I love my fam. My grandparents have been such an incredible example to all of us, what a blessing. They are prayer warriors and I believe their prayers have held this family together. I'm sure we'll never know the extent of what God has kept us all from as a result of their prayers.
Owww I picked a hang nail and it's bleeding!!! Ok, I'm at work hence the reason this is somewhat random and interrupted, sorry! It's getting to be that time of day where I need to get some work done. Adios all, and tons of kisses! Oh one more thing, I've officially changed my email to hollhil@gmail.com sweet, talk to ya later!
P.S. M is sick :-( I think he has the flu. Also, our hole is no longer just a hole, it now has concrete, yipee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment