Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Trees





I found these from two talented artists on etsy. Katelyn has a new imaginary friend named etsy, you have no idea how happy this makes me. The sketch picture is done by "Creative Decor". And the painting was done by "Barbara Swimmer"
I also found this AMAZING shop, check it out if you care to. Incredible photography that she alters with paints. Her collages are incredible too, she said they can take years to make . She cuts out flowers and intricate details with an xacto knife. Intense. (the barn photo is hers)
In other news, it's snowing today. Not just any snow. The kind that falls gently, blanketing the earth with it's huge fluffy flakes. It makes the world seem like a quieter place, like you need to just take the time to walk through the woods. We made french toast, which made the day nearly perfect. But not quite. I'll tell you what made it perfect. Upon opening the fridge for the cream I found we only had milk. Milk in coffee makes me want tea instead, that's how much I hate it. Soooo..... I heated a whole pot of milk, whisked in some chocolate, added some mint extract, and poured that over our incredibly strong coffee. Mint Chocolate Lattes, voila! Then we sat looking out our huge kitchen window eating a wonderful breakfast with our very funny kids (and "etsy" of course). How can a day be bad after a morning like that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that sketch pic looks pretty detailed again but the painting is doable.
I can soo just see y'all at brekkie this morning...impromptu latte's... imaginary friends and all... hilarious!!

RunwithSticks said...

That sounds like a lovely way to not only start a morning, but to enjoy watching snow fall as well :)

Monson said...

Snow, eh? 10°C here today! No big deal.