Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Broken Promises





April 2! That's almost FOUR MONTHS of non blogging! Poor lonely little blog, so cold and all alone! Well, I'm here now, but I can't promise I'll be back soon. It seems like every time I promise to be a faithful writer I break my promise.
Where do I start to catch you all up on the last four months? My to do list, sadly, isn't much different. It has grown a lot, that's the only difference. Gardening is the newest and greatest stuff that has happened. What a depressing spring of weather we had. At one point I was ready to rip the garden out and move to B.C. !!!! A true Alberta girl ready to betray her province! That must mean it was truly horrible. And it was. Windy, cold, dry, just terrible. I'm really tired of starting my garden from scratch every year. I've never got to build it up nicely because I'm starting in a new yard every year. We've been getting hot days lately and everything is looking very happy out there now. I have fallen in love with Alberta once again this month. All it took was a lovely drive home from the farm one day. Just me in the truck with the windows down, the country music blaring, at that glowy time of evening. Fresh hay bales out spreading their sweet perfume, bright canola fields swaying in the slight breeze. Glorious. It made me wonder why I wanted to move to the dessert, all cloudy and depressing in the winter. Boo B.C. Boo! (although I'm super excited for a B.C. trip in the fall to buy some apples and see very dear and wonderful friends and family)
Other new things going on? I'm pretty obsessed with a cook book I've had for awhile called Nourishing Traditions. It's a new way of cooking (for me) that takes some getting used to, and a lot of thinking ahead. She soaks all her flours and grains for baking, ferments milk and veggies, sprouts nuts and seeds before eating. It's much more than just a cook book. She goes into SOO many things about healthy and nutrition, I love it. It's my fav. So I've been cooking a lot, and getting healthy. Oh and I grew wheat grass! It's nasty stuff! But apparently really good for energy. Another thing we've been taking is called Youth Juice. I'm really loving it and noticing a difference in my energy, and in how well I sleep. People are saying it's been helping with digestion, injuries, sicknesses, diabetes, etc. etc. It's 7 berries (all grown in the lovely B.C. wink wink) and 3 sea weeds from the Canadian Pacific. I really like that it's "local" ish. I also like that it makes a difference. It's loaded with anti oxidants. Oh and it's yummy. Ok, you get the point, I'm excited!
The kids are doing great. the Monkey is at my favorite age ever, just the best! He's 16 months now, still baby, but a bit of kid too. He's a lazy little talker, I wouldn't even give him the credit of saying he had a vocabulary at all. He says "hi" and "dad". Yup, that's it! What he lacks in vocab he makes up for in physical activity. I'm just shocked at what a nut he is. Just go go go, no stop, all the time! I'm also shocked that we haven't been to the hospital with him yet, ever! Although I do have poison control, the doctor, and health link on speed dial. Yeesh. He's such a cutie though. And Munchkin's doing great too. Still a little too smart for her own good. She has such an amazing imagination. I catch myself sneeking in to just watch her play by herself. It's amazing what this girl comes up with. I need to write down more of her stuff, she's clever.
Well that's all the fun and wonderful stuff that we've been up to, guess it's time for the bad stuff now? It's been a really rough year for me. The worst year of my life so far actually. My parents split up this year, after 30 years of marriage! In a way it's like mourning a death, the death of a marriage I guess. I'm still sad a lot, and trying to move on and readjust. The other totally shitty thing is that my Grandma just passed away. Excuse my language, but that's how it feels. It still feels like a big shock, even though it was more than a month ago. I miss her so much. She was a truly great Grandma, and I'm super thankful for the memories and the time spent with her. I'm also thankful that she didn't have to suffer for long, and that she is at the feet of God, more blissfully happy than we could ever imagine. It just sucks being stuck here feeling weighed down at times by the pain in this world. I've been hearing about a lot of people I went to school with who are splitting up. I just don't understand! I feel really sad about things like this right now. Sorry to sound depressing.
But it's much to sunny a day to waste blubbering away in here! Sure we can feel sad and weighed down, but life goes on eventually, little by little. There is so much to be happy about, and to keep one going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!... for update ;o)

Holm's said...

Hey Holly
Funny
You expressed how I am feeling lately as well. Break ups don't just hurt the immediate two people thats for sure.
God bless girl and I am thinking of you and praying for you right now!!
Linds

Molecry said...

I love how Owen is the strong, silent type...too cute! And I have to agree about our spring...I was wanting flee too. It was worth the wait though, this is the most heat I can remember in one stretch for many summers.
I very much agree about the break-ups...it makes me sad every time I hear of another one (which is all too often). It feels like people just don't care anymore. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you just add the photo's to this entry? I could swear they weren't there when you first posted. Love them so much! Esp. K in the field of flowers ;o)