Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Season

Eggnog, Christmas music, sleeping in. Here we come Christmas yipee!! I need to pace myself though, last year I was almost sick of Christmas festivities come January 1st. Almost. So this year I'm only allowing this nonsense on the weekends, maybe until my birthday (Dec. 13th, take note and buy gifts). The other five days a week it's regular cream in the coffee and no Christmas music. Although who would say no to sleeping in if the option was there? Today my kids slept 'till nine!!! How did I get that lucky? It's crazy I know.
I have allowed myself to do some Christmas prep, mostly just 'cause I'm crazy and obsessed. I started making a Christmas quilt. Here's a picture of the squares cut out. Just a bunch of cheap stuff from Fabricland. This was mainly for practice, but I'm starting to really like it. We started watching the Lost series on DVD, so now I'll have a cozy quilt to cuddle up with (and our awesome fake fireplace yay) Here's the kids and hubbie in front of the "fire" one blissful sleep-in morning. Here's a picture of the house we're framing next door to us. This is what Matthew does in real life, when he's not here feeding the baby or listening to Christmas music. He also started playing soccer again this year, exciting. I haven't gone to a game yet, they always start late, I'll have to just suck it up and get a babysitter someday.




Here's some quick pictures of the stupid baby blankie I finally conquered. I just couldn't figure out what to do with this, took it out a million times, then finally figured it out as I was falling asleep one day. And of course it was so simple. So here's Owens, and an girlie one I made for my friends baby. I think this will be the standard baby gift from now on. Sorry to ruin the surprise Linds;-)


Well I'm feeling pretty nauseous for some reason, so I'm gonna go eat some real food. Speaking of which that's another Christmas season thing I love, food, right now it's mainly citrus fruit. We don't eat it until nowish, and then it's such a treat. Today it's grapefruit, yum! I'm trying to clean and organize today and take a break from sewing. It's hard.

2 comments:

Jezza said...

wow, holly, you are SO creative. If only I could have a piece of that! =) I LOVE your baby blanket that you made...you should sell one because I'd buy one for our upcoming little boy! You could be famous for baby blankets in Australia! =)

Alissa - Supernanny said...

So last month was my cousins 15th birthday and i looked in her closet and i found a blanket that she used to carry with her EVERYWHERE! Blankets like that are so cute and i definitely want one when, if ever, i have one! Also, you should check out my sisters site. she has some really good blog notes and I know you love those blogs! www.stephalar.blogspot.com

Loves you!