I sure like talking, and typing, and connecting with people. I'm glad to have a place where I can ramble but I sometimes wonder if I should just journal and keep my thoughts to myself. I do have supportive people in my life who care, and I'm too lazy to set up a private journal and if I just journal in "pages" I'll do it once and forget about it. So here I am again to get some thoughts out.
Things I'm doing lately: Attempting to educate my children and manage them and occasionally having freak outs at the responsibility of it all. I've read some great stuff in the department that encourages a good perspective shift. Gordon Neufeld is one of my favorites right now, the need to connect with our children and maintain close relationships with them so they are grounded in the family and don't feel the need to turn to peers during crisis. My bro-in-law and sis-in-law in Oregon are so helpful as I stumble through this parenting thing. It's wonderful to have someone to vent to, ask for advice from, and just generally know that they are there loving us no matter what.
Peter broke my glasses last week and my last pair of contacts are giving me problems, so todays post is being cut short, everything is fuzzy. I didn't even get to the good stuff! Just know that God is so incredible and he's changing this heart of mine. Sometimes I ask Him to please slow down because I can't take it all in. I want my heart to be changed, I don't want to just collect cool info about Him. Know what I mean? I'm super excited to be His child, serve Him, love people, and grow into what He has for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment