Here's a couple projects I did a few months ago. I've been saving these pictures to blog about during this craft lull to make myself feel better for doing nothing in my poor abandoned sewing spot. Soooooo here's my sweet little Princess and Prince. I was inspired by this blog post to make these fun crowns. This was a fun spontaneous project and gave me great satisfaction to finish both of them. I spent two afternoons working on these. Now that I've made them I could do another one super fast. These would be a great birthday present for people who would appreciate them. Some people would not like this style, even Miss June Bug isn't totally crazy about it, but she does like the fact that it won't get stepped on and broken like the cheap loonie store ones. I like run on sentences, sue me. Moving along now.
I made Prince O's crown second so it's a lot better. I didn't follow the instructions, it's just not how I roll, but they worked out great anyways.
The Princess wanted lots of sparkly beads on hers and even helped me sew them on, she's getting really good at hand sewing and embroidery.
I love this wonderful friendship they have, they worked so hard on getting their arms around each other just right for a picture.
Here's my segway to my next project, new chair covers. Our chairs came with off white, which looked super great for the first five minutes. Then we blinked, had three kids, and booom our chairs looked so bad they would make Monica (from Friends) have a hissy fit. So I got this great oil cloth and my wonderful hubbie took the chairs apart which forced me to have to finish a project, yay!
Cute foot on pretty chair
The monkey fell asleep on the pretty chairs one day, such a funny kid. He doesn't really nap anymore, unless he just falls asleep in his creative spots, like the big toy box.
Seeing him like this just makes me want to curl up in my comfy bed. He slept like that for about 15 minutes!
Here's June Bug working away writing the names of her family. She has memorized everyone except the 'lil meatball.
Such a sweetie. Hubbie likes to buy camera equipment a lot, which normally really bothers me because it's expensive and he really doesn't even use it all that often. However, his newest purchase is a new favorite for me. A 1.8 50mm lens gently used for only 50$, boo yeah.
Another project by June Bug, for some reason she is always the biggest person in her family pictures. I wonder what the meaning is behind that. We also have a dog in this picture, which we don't have in reality. It's a little easier to decode that meaning: June Bug wants a dog.
Even though it kinda looks like he's pooping in this picture I included it because it really shows what the 50mm lens does. Love it.
And that's it for fun pictures. The fam has fallen into a great summer routine this month. Lots of backyard play, watermelon eating, gardening, and trying to stay on top of keeping the house at least tidy and some kind of decent food on the table a few times a day. I was debating on doing this blog post or doing a special one for baby Eva, but I guess I'll do that one next week. Most of you know what's going on with her anyways, so for now I'll just say how happy I am that she is doing SO much better, praise God! I'll go more into depth with it all later, it's been an emotional couple weeks that's for sure. Gotta go to bed, so sleepy, night!
3 comments:
Well look at you, little miss blog-ess! I finally got a chance to peek in and you've been a blogging machine! (Well, compared to me, anyway). Your kids are so cute and you guys have so much fun. I love it!
Okay, I'll try this again to see if it works for me...
- I loved the crowns which are so very suitable for my "grands"!
- Yaaay for you to get our Katie girl sewing at an early age ;o)
- The closeness of these two so reminds me of you and Ryan at that age!
- Love the chairs, great job!
- Had to laugh at Owey sleeping on the chair...he is one very talented boy!
- Kudos to Miss Kate for such a good writing job...3 stars from grammy!
- Last but not least...the run on sentences come from the maternal side :o) Hopefully you don't also inherit the brain that finds it easier to answer things in 'point' form!
Loves <3
Love the crown idea. I need ideas for the grandbabes (5 and 1). You have adorable kids!
Post a Comment